Who we are
TeiaCare was founded in 2015 by three friends all under the age of 30: Luca Iozzia, Guido Magrin, and Roberto Salamina. The experience of Guido’s grandfather in a long-term care facility convinced the team to seek solutions to optimize care of guests in such facilities.
We began by prototyping a device capable of detecting small disturbances such as arrhythmia that may be a sign of a more severe condition.
This gave birth to the HeartWatch app, combining a fitness bracelet and a smartphone. A few months later, we devised a smart system that can detect micro chromatic facial differences that may signal an underlying pathology. Today our Digital Assistant monitors the movements of bed-care patients, assuring constant vigilance to nursing staff and nursing assistants and the calm lucidity needed to optimize care.
In a fast-progressing world, we believe that the quest for innovation and technological advances must be focused on affirming or restoring the value and dignity of human life. We dedicate particular attention to people who are unable to determine their own level of wellbeing and are entrusted to the care of others.
Identify and respond to essential human needs that might benefit from our innovation.
Grow our ability to respond to needs for psycho-physical wellbeing, safety of fragile persons, peace of mind of family members, and efficient professional services through cutting-edge technology and personalized care
Provide for advancements in healthcare and long-term care bringing real benefits to human beings.
Improve the performance of caregivers, whether family members or professionals, supporting their work, instilling confidence, calmness, and lucidity, and helping them rediscover a passion for their role of great responsibility and social value.
Make technological innovation accessible to all.
We pursue out mission working in close collaboration with the caregiver community. Our commitment is expressed in the efforts we make every day, reflecting our core values of integrity, dedication, and honesty. We believe that technology can seamlessly integrate into the work of caregivers and bring real benefits to the people in their care
- January 2015
- HeartWatch is inaugurated, based on an idea developed by our CEO Guido Magrin during his computer engineering studies with the objective of placing his technical skills and competencies at the service of senior citizens.
- June 2016
- HeartWatch completes the Digital Health Dubai 100 acceleration program and gains the contributions of Luca Iozzia, CTO.
- April 2017
- Roberto Salamina, CMO, joins the team, actively supporting it right from the start in the validation of the needs of guests in long-term care facilities.
- August 2017
- HeartWatch enters the LifeTech Fusion acceleration program in Geneva, which gives it a boost for entry onto the market.
- November 2017
- HeartWatch srl is founded
- January 2018
- HeartWatch completes its first round of investments, engaging relevant business angels.
- July 2018
- HeartWatch solutions are applied for the first time to benefit guests in an elder-care facility run by Respitalia.
- November 2018
- EIT Health recognizes HeartWatch as Europe’s most promising digital health startup in the final competition in Budapest.
- January 2019
- HeartWatch becomes TeiaCare, emphasizing the value of a mission that renews commitment and values, strengthening its technological focus.